Ok so I am not a Star Wars buff ,but, I came pretty close with this cake. I was asked to make R2D2 for a friend’s son’s birthday. I would have to say awesome!
Can’t wait to deliver it to the birthday party!
I created a small” how to” below. If you have any other suggestions feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. Thanks Enjoy!
recipes for your favorite cake and icing
3-6″ round pan, 1 side of the small ball pan, white icing, fondant (white-body, dark blue or gray-dome, blue-body panels) and rice crispies, and I suggest for reference a picture or toy of R2D2.
- Stack 3-6″ rounds: one on top of another layered with buttercream icing. Then use the small ball pan to create the dome on top. Ice the entire cake then cover with white fondant.
- Next, Dark blue or gray fondant should be used to create the dome cover. Simply place on top of dome then trim to fit.
- Using rice crispies create the legs. Ice legs with a thin coat then cover in fondant. Attach legs using a tooth pick. Rice crispies were also used to create the camera eye but fondant could also be used.
- Once that is set you are ready to place various panels using white, gray and dark blue. It just depends on how much detail you want or how much time is available.
- To add some finishing touches use a knife or fondant tool to create a body panel look around the other fondant details.